Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Spicer

Default Replace white space with tab

Thanks Graham, I will have to study that. I don't know what's wrong with the
javascript on this newreader but the link you supply doesn't work when I
click on it here in the reader, but it's correct and I did find the page
going to your home.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm useful?

Steve Spicer wrote:
In Word2000 per the article;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212311
you can replace spaces with a tab specifying the minimum number of
times the space character must occur if I'm understanding this
correctly:

To convert multiple instances of white space characters, such as
spaces or tab characters, to a single instance of the character, use
the following advanced criteria in the Find What box in the Find and
Replace dialog box. x{y,}

where x is the character you are searching for, such as a space, and
y is the minimum number of instances that the character must appear
in order to be replaced.

Can you do this in Word 2003? and if so how?
Thanks, Steve