TF

Jeff

The answer may depend on how you inserted the Figure Number and which
version of Word you are using. Word's numbering is a nightmare when it goes
wrong and deleting the numbers may not resolve the problem. See the
following FAQ for an explanation and some ideas of how to use numbering in
Word that will be reasonably stable.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Jeff" wrote in message
:I have some figures whose numbers are out of order sequence. For instance
: Figure 3 appears before Figure 2. How do I correct the numbers? If I just
: delete the number and change it will that break the cross references?
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
:
: Jeff Stevens
: Email address deliberately false to avoid spam
:
:
:
: