Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim[_4_] Tim[_4_] is offline

Default Modifying Open and Save As Dialog Boxes

That's apparently true for all places except for "Trusted Templates." There
is no option to "Move Down" and no option to move the one below it up.
Where in the registry can I get rid of this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If Word 2007 is like previous versions, you can't remove the default
"places" except by editing the Registry (which affects your ability to add
new places), but you can move them down. If your custom places fill the
Places Bar, the default ones will be hidden.

so
all may benefit.

"Tim" wrote in message
Thanks. That works. So how do I remove some of the defaults in the
list?
The folder at the top is called "Trusted Templates" (I'm not even sure

what
that is), and apparently can't be removed or even moved down the list.

Any
ideas?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com
wrote
in message ...
Hi Tim,

In Word 2007 navigate to the folder you want to add then right click in
the places bar on the left side of the Open or Save dialog
and choose 'Add'.

"Tim" wrote in message
XP.
--