You need to increase your Header and Footer margins as well as the Top,
Bottom, Left, and Right. And instead of using Insert | Page Numbers (though
this should work correctly after you've set the Header/Footer margins
appropriately), use the Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar, working in the Footer pane. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm. For tips on safely
getting rid of the existing page number, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"gayle" wrote in message
I have the margins correct now, but the page numbers are all at the bottom

of
each page out of the required range. I need to delete them and figure out
how to get the numbers within the 5.5" x 8.5". It is coming out like the
page is 11" long. Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're sending the book to a commercial printer or publisher to be
printed, just increase the margins of the Letter-sized page to create

the
5.5" x 8.5" page in the center, as the printer/publisher will want

separate
pages. If you're planning to copy/print it yourself, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"gayle" wrote in message
How do I create a book that is 5.5" x 8.5". I already have it typed

in
the
standard 8.5" x 11. Top and bottom margins have to be 1.85 and left

and
right 2.15