See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

"jew3usnret" wrote in message
I'm having the same problem - upper and lower margin settings appear to

have
no impact on the way that the pages look in the "print layout" view, or in
the way that they print. All text spans from top paper margin to lower

paper
margin with no blank space above upper text or below lower text. Looks

crummy
and is unacceptable for documents.
I've looked all over "page setup" and "start setup" to find a way to fix,
but have been unsuccessful. Have looked other places too - there's gotta

be a
way to fix this!!!

Thanks - hope someone knows what is happening and can advise a fix.

"AK-540" wrote:

Like it says in the subject the the 'header' part of each page in

Word
2003 is no longer there, by default now. In other words, whatever I type

or
place first on every page shows as if there's no header margin
whatsoever...(???)

However, if I open a document that isn't like that, well, it still isn't
like that, but any *new* document is. Um...

I haven't changed any settings in any particularly unusual way *as far

as I
know*.

Does anyone know what's causing the problem, and - most importantly -

how to
fix it?

Many thanks in advance,

AK-540