Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default ribbon customization for table borders

Conceding that you may not see this reply since you adopted the inane
practice of ignoring my messages, I'll asked anyway -

Before anyone goes off rushing to the conclusion that there is something
amiss with Office SP2 or any particular version of the CustomUI editor, can
you confirm that the copy of the template that I sent you in December 2008
is in fact located in your Word Startup Folder? What happens if you simply
open the template?

I also have SP2 installed. Using the very same template that I sent to you
(pulled from the archive in my e-mail) and placed in my Startup folder
results in the cell borders control being added to the "Cell Size" group on
the Table Layout tab exactly where you asked for it to be added.

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
Correction:

I realized that the fact that the template is signed suggests that in
December 2008 I did _not_ follow Graham's instructions using Greg's
code, and sure enough, in my email was the template sent to me by
Greg.

So I replaced the copy of the template that was in the folder with the
one attached to the email, and the added button still does not appear
upon opening Word.

I conclude that something over the last nine months has changed the
way Ribbon customization works.

On Sep 1, 11:10 am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
I spent more than an hour this morning trying to reinstall the
button, following Graham's instructions and using Greg's code
(indeed the template that formerly contained the amendment, created
for the purpose, is still signed "Gregory K. Maxey"), and it has not
worked. Is it possible that something in Office SP2 changed the
structure of the Ribbon in such a way that the "pre-release" version
of the UI Editor referenced in Graham's instructions (downloaded
anew today) no longer works?

On Sep 1, 8:14 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Others have commented that something dire is going on at Google;
people who
are looking for their posting history have found it totally missing
and only
gradually coming back.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
On Aug 31, 3:19 pm, Greg Maxey wrote:

On Aug 31, 2:43 pm, "Peter T. Daniels"
wrote:

Thanks, apparently, to Office SP2, the ribbon customization
written by, I believe, Greg Maxey for putting the Table Borders
button in the Tables Layout tab is gone.

Google groups search seems not to be searching more than about
five weeks back.

Can someone find the thread in which the code and instructions
were published?

Thank you.

The whole exchange, which fully illustrates your mule headedness
about learning anything new is contained he

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...cmanagement/br...

You should learn to fish instead of losing fish already given to
you and asking for another one.

Thank you. A number of weeks ago I asked about the pros and cons of
installing Office SP2, and no one answered. A con, we now know, is
that it wipes out any Ribbon customization.

And I do not know why google groups search no longer looks more than
about six weeks back.--

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.