Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to create short cut keys to Jump back to top of table of contents

You can't assign a shortcut for a particular document. There may be a way to
put it in a specific template instead of normal.dotx, so that it will only
be available in documents created from that template, but then in those
documents they'll only be able to make something Bold by clicking an icon.
But if the document already exists, you can't change the template it's
attached to.

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 9:31:04 PM UTC-5, sunshine280 wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;495829 Wrote:
If you go into "Insert Special Character" then "Symbol" and click
"Shorcut Key" and type any shortcut into the box, it will tell you what
it's already
assigned to. Alt-LeftArrow is assigned to "WebGoBack".

But Alt-LeftArrow takes no more doing than Ctrl-B, which is already the
shortcut for Bold.

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 9:31:01 AM UTC-5, sunshine280 wrote

sunshine280

Thank you for your help. I agree it's the same amount of key strokes.
The person I'm helping wants ctrl+b for this particular document.

--
sunshine280[/i][/color]