Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.mailmergefields
Chris K Chris K is offline

Default Supress "Opening this document with run the following SQL command"

I'm not in a position to modify registry on company computers but thanks

So the short answer is that Access cannot be used to open an MS Word Mail
merge

P.S. Social Answers forums can not replace the current newsgroups
currently - just took a peek and the existing forums barely scratch the
surface of office apps (Access is hardly mentioned)

Maybe in next 5 years

See the following Knowledge Base article:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

Note these newsgroups are no longer hosted by Microsoft and are now
orphans
in the wilderness.

As a replacement for the newsgroups, Microsoft has created forums that can
be accessed at:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ory/officeword

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

"Chris K" wrote in message
I know this must be asked 1000 times per day - so hopefully there is a
solution

Can I stop word telling me what it's told me a million times before?
namely "Opening this document with run the following SQL command"

It's causing havoc - I am trying to open a document from an Access Form

I can not answer the prompt because it is popping up underneath the modal
form - the form will not budge because it's waiting for the prompt to be
answered

Only solution is CTRL+ALT+DEL