Posted to microsoft.public.access.formscoding,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.mailmergefields

Default Supress "Opening this document with run the following SQL command"

You can download the Answers Bridge (provided by MS even though it does
claim to be "not a Microsoft developed application") from
https://connect.microsoft.com/Micros...?wa=wsignin1.0 and the
Community Bridge (written by an MVP) from
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/.

http://word.mvps.org

If you use the Community Bridge to access the newsgroups via an NNTP
newsreader, the experience is much the same as that to which you are
accustomed.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
In message of Sat, 21 Aug 2010
16:10:40 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields, Graham Mayor
writes
If you don't make the registry change, you merely have to acknowledge the
prompt.

There's a macro at http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm which will
toggle the prompt on/off, but as it writes to the registry, I don't
suppose
your company IT Nazis will approve of that either? Software does however
write to the registry all the time.

Agreed, the forums are poor, but they are the future ... unless everyone
come back here

I hope the forums are not the future, but fear I will be wrong.
On reading Doug Robbins recommendation, I followed the link.
I don't think he model does not give me what I have traditionally had
with newsgroups and I don't like what I do get. e.g.
1) one line per thread subject.
2) threading so I can tell the relationship between posts.
This thread is not a good example, as it consists of 4 messages:
a) Chris K posted the first message;
b) Doub Robbins replied to message a)
c) Chris K replied to message b)
d) Graham replied to message c).
3) I normally open a window in which threads containing new messages
appear first and others in which I retain an interest are then shown.
I can mark all messages as read, mark messages as interesting, and/or to
be retained. I can zap old messages when I choose.
4) I can batch download messages for future attention. I don't need an
Internet connection except when sending messages or grabbing them.
5) Cross-posting is supported. Used well, it can be helpful.
5) I can use Google groups to search a vast history of messages.
6) Group, and message creation is largely anarchic.

There are probably virtues in the forums. All I can see to date is
1) They are promoted by Microsoft.
2) Their Traffic is likely to be heavier than in traditional newsgroups
now that they exist.
3) Less spam - I assume this is true.
--
Walter Briscoe