Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elmer Elmer is offline

Default Arcane Question @ Text Boxes & "Frames"

After having created a text box, if you right click on the box, a
"Format Text Box" window appears among the drop-down choices. One of
the tabs on this window is actually called "Text Box," and on this tab,
there is a choice to "Convert to Frame."

What does "Convert to Frame" actually achieve (aside from making the
text box no longer editable--believe me, I tried)? What exactly *is* a
"Frame," and why would a WORD user want to convert a Text Box to one?

Another question: What in the world does "Maintain Aspect Ratio" mean
when applied to a Text Box?

WORD is so much more complex than most WORD users ever think!

Thanks.