Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default How to insert multiple pictures from file in Word at once?

Hi ?B?U2VydmFudF8=?=,

Word 2000, hmm...

If you open Windows Explorer to the folder with the graphics you can use Ctrl and
Shift to select there, correct?

Set up the Word window to occupy the full screen. Put the Explorer window over it so
that you can see part of the document "page". Select multiple graphics files,
position the mouse pointer over a file in the selection, hold down the left mouse
button and DRAG to the Word document. Release the left mouse button.

Whether it's allowed depends to a certain on the version of Word involved,
but...

You should be able to use the CTRL or SHIFT key to select multiple graphics
files from with the same folder. (Select the first one, hold Ctrl and click on
each individual one. Or click the first, hold SHIFT and click the last - all in
between will be selected.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

I'm using Word 2000, and it won't let me select multiple graphics. Thank
you for the suggestion, but control and shift don't work in this case. They
seem to work everywhere else just not in the picture insert dialog box, any
other suggestions. Is there a way for me to do a macro that will go down the
list of pictures until it reaches the end?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)