Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default Adding Outline Styles to a template

Hi Charles

Charles Kenyon wrote:
See Robert Franz's response for detailed ideas on how to handle multiple
documents.

Which he has deleted (I'm not sure that reflects anywhere else than
here, though) upon reading Stefan's post! :-)

I am writing just to point out that generally you want to leave
that box to update styles unchecked. Otherwise you will get very strange
results when your documents can't find their attached templates (as in you
change servers or send the document to a different computer). In that case,
they attach to the local normal.dot and update their styles to match that
normal.dot.

Indeed, not unchecking the box after the one-time usage is a sure way to
grief later on!

Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS