Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WordKing

Default How do I remove a font from the font menu in word?

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

Navigate to the font folder through Control Panel Fonts. Highlight the
font(s), right mouse click and choose delete. Remember that the font
might be listed more than once, once for each style (Regular/Roman,
Italic, Bold, Bold Italic).

If you did not choose to copy the files to the fonts directory, the
shortcut to the font will be deleted. If the font was copied to the font
directory (and that is the default action), the font file is deleted from
the fonts directory.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"WordKing" wrote in message
:I share a computer. I use fonts off a thumb drive that I do not copy
onto the
: hard drive. These fonts continue to be on the drop down menu even when
the
: thumb drive isn't in the machine. I would like to take these out of the
menu.
: How is that done?

Hi Tom, Thanks for responding so quickly. The fonts do not show up in the font folder. The thumb drive has been removed but the fonts that I previously used still are in the drop down menu. They no longer work because the thumb drive is not in the machine but they are still listed. I would like to get them out of the list. Thanks, WordKing