Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert a thin space in a Word document?

Yes, sort of. Most fonts don't include this "character," but you can find it
at U2009 (along with many other specialized spaces) in Arial Unicode MS. The
drawback to this is that the font metrics of Arial may be quite different
from whatever you're using as a body font. What you might try is to insert a
U2009 thin space from Arial Unicode MS into some text formatted in the same
size of Arial to get a visual impression of what size space it is, then
approximate this in the Default Paragraph Font by condensing an ordinary
space (or nonbreaking space if you are justifying the text, since
nonbreaking spaces don't expand) using Format | Font | Character Spacing:
Condensed.

"AngStones" wrote in message
I work on documents where scientific units are used, and need to know how
insert a 'thin space' between numbers and units, as required by the
International System of Units. Is this possible in Word?