Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default "L" shaped margin marks

I solved the issue! I copied the start menu MS Office Tools folder and files
from my home computer, into the MS Office start menu directory on my work
computer. Once these files were copied, I went to the start menu, and
clicked on the language support file. I got a brief "Installing" notice,
then the language dialog came up.

I guess I was not being clear in my posting. Appaerently our IT department
decided we did not need these tools.... Hmmm.

Thank you all for your help.

"Amy" wrote:

Hi JGreg7,

I'm in the same boat as you. I suspect that the company I work for has
removed access to the language settings file.

You get used to the margin marks after a while.

Amy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to look for Start | Programs | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office
Tools | Microsoft Office Language Settings.

http://word.mvps.org

"JGreg7" wrote in message
I read that article, but I do not have "Microsoft Office 2003 Language
Settings" on my start menu.

Does anyone know which actual file this is so I can access it directly?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced |
scroll down to the "Show document content" section and uncheck
the "Show crop marks" box | OK.

In Word 2003 or earlier, you need to remove support for East
Asian languages in Microsoft Office Language Settings as
described at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 "Margin
marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you
open a document in Word".

JGreg7 wrote:

These "L" shaped margin markers showed up when I open a document sent
from a
colleague, and now I can not get rid of them.

I searched the forums, and found a reference to Microsoft Office Tools,
and
then click Microsoft Office XP Language Settings to turn off Asian
language
support.

However, I do not have the "Microsoft Office XP Language Settings" link
in
my menu. Does anyone know which actual file this is so I can access it
directly?