Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How does one "Show text boundary in 2007"

Indeed, there is no hurry to install something that would be slow on your
current computer! Windows 7 works just fine for me, but sooner or later it
will be necessary to replace it, of course. I'll cross that bridge when I
have to... :-)

For what it's worth, I'd choose Firefox over Google Chrome, because Chrome
seems to create a mess if you ever want to uninstall it (see
http://www.slipstick.com/general/why...stall-chrome/).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i meddelandet
A couple weeks ago my Internet Explorer stopped working. I asked about
this at the Best Buy Geek Squad (which I was favorably disposed toward
because of the "Nerd Herd" on *Chuck*), and the Geek told me it could
not be repaired or replaced, and since it is fully integrated into
Windows, it could lead to the demise of Windows itself. (The computer
itself was at home running a Full Scan -- it took 12 hours and did
find a trojan.) So the next day I brought it in, and he installed
Google Chrome (which is not quite indistinguishable), and as long as I
was there, I asked whether my 3-year-old laptop could run Windows 8,
and if it could, would I want it to.

He said it could, and it does some nice things (none of which I need),
and it would probably be considerably slower.

On Feb 7, 9:44 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Windows 8 looks like the screen of a smartphone, which is why I'm in no
hurry to upgrade ... sigh

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i

Oh, that. Yeah, I got an ad for Office365. Maybe they've realized I
don't use mobile devices.

On Feb 7, 2:23 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Seehttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/. As you can tell, the focus is
on
"Office 365."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in

This is the first mention I have seen of Word2013 -- they haven't
even
tried to sell it to me.

On Feb 6, 2:40 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The bad news is that text boundaries are useless in Word 2013.
They
no
longer show you the margins; instead, they enclose the area of the
page
where there is text. :-(