Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lotiana Lotiana is offline

Default Field, Numeric: decimal point AND comma format ?

Graham, it's about the very unsophisticated invoices I send from the UK to
our clients on the Continental Europe - a small table I'd like to keep
Word-only.

So far, I "compromised": one column displays GBP 1,000.00, the corresponding
one EUR 1,600.00 (with number format {=SUM(ABOVE) \# "EUR #,##0.00"}).

With so many beautiful functions/features of Word, I would have thought that
the other format may co-exist too (like a column with formulas with the other
number format, displaying EUR 1.600,00 with, say, {=SUM(ABOVE) \# "EUR
#.##0,00"}).

Sorry for bothering you, Graham, I don't want to waste your time; not bad if
not possible: clients got used to it anyway (otherwise I'd had used Excel); I
just wanted to imitate instantly the double display in Amazon.co.uk's
invoices, and to write to a supplier from the Continent a letter with a
calculation without changing first Regional settings in Control Panel. But
I'm only doing this sort of work rarely, it's not among my main tasks.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How is Word to know whether the number is GBP or EUR?
Are the relative values of the currencies relevant?
We need more information about exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Lotiana wrote:
How can I get in the same table both GBP 9,999.99 and EUR 9.999,99 ?
"Regional settings" either/or don't help!