Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I add the Helvetica font to Word 2007 Home?

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:32:02 -0800, ahahorse
wrote:

The Helvetica font is not available or I can't find it. Is it available or
in the existing software?

Thanks.

Helvetica is a copyrighted commercial font owned by the Linotype
foundry (http://www.linotype.com/526/helvetica-family.html). It is not
licensed by Microsoft for distribution with either Windows or Office.
If you want real Helvetica, you will have to buy it and install it in
the Windows\Fonts folder.

Helvetica is licensed for distribution with some Hewlett Packard
printers, so you may investigate that.

There are dozens of very close imitations of Helvetica, described in
the "Similar typefaces" section of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica. You may be satisfied with
Arial, which does come with Windows, or you may want to try one of the
other imitations, some of which can be downloaded for free.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman