Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
POP

Default Margins warning when printing

Scott Meyers wrote:
wrote:
Scott Meyers wrote:

For my previous books, I've prepared camera-ready copy
for the publisher...

Sorry Scott. I made the faulty assumption that were
purely a writer, in

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm new to Word (hence
my use of this newsgroup), and I'm grateful to anybody who
takes the time to try to help us newbies.

Anyway, on reflection, I think I may try changing the page
size back to US Letter, setting the margins the way I want
them, then doing most of my editing in web mode. That
should make the printing warning go away, and it should let
me edit using a relatively narrow window, too.
Scott

The message is generated based on what you have set for paper
size and margins, plus what it -thinks- your printer is capable
of. There might be a disjoint there; either you printer is
reporting different magins than it cna handle, or, printer
drivers may need updating.
Anyway, that's usually the cause of such a message. FWIW.
Depending on how badly the margins have been violated, it may
print just fine; try it and see.

Pop