WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I prevent mail merge from skipping records?

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with mail merge skipping records when using a modified label format in Word. Don't worry, I can help you with that.

Here are some steps you can follow to prevent mail merge from skipping records:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "Mailings" tab.
  2. Click on "Start Mail Merge" and select "Labels" from the dropdown menu.
  3. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select the correct label vendor and product number for your label sheets.
  4. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box and return to the main Mail Merge pane.
  5. Click on "Select Recipients" and choose the Excel spreadsheet that contains your data.
  6. In the "Mail Merge Recipients" dialog box, make sure that all the records you want to merge are selected. If not, you can use the checkboxes to select or deselect specific records.
  7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box and return to the main Mail Merge pane.
  8. Insert the merge fields into your label template by clicking on "Insert Merge Field" and selecting the appropriate fields from the dropdown menu.
  9. Preview your labels by clicking on "Preview Results" in the Mail Merge pane. Make sure that all the records are displayed correctly and that none have been skipped.
  10. If you notice that some records are still being skipped, try adjusting the label format or layout to ensure that all the records fit properly on the label sheets.

That's it! By following these steps, you should be able to prevent mail merge from skipping records when using a modified label format in Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.