Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Numbering in comment

Is the numbering in the comment itself? In that case, the problem could be
that the style "Comment text" (automatically applied to comments) has been
defined as a numbered style. You could check the style definition.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Kristin" wrote:

For some reason, in the document I am editing with Track Changes, an
automatic numbering turns on whenever I add a comment. I can delete it and
enter the comment just fine, but that is annoying. I've not had this problem
with hundreds of other documents.
Thanks for any suggestions to eliminate this.