Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Macro not recording mailmerge

It's normal. Lots of things don't record.

In this case you can probably do

Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Display

Generally speaking if you are using Dialog boxes and need to access any
fields they may have exposed, you need to do something more like the
following but I do not think it is necessary in this case:

Dim dlgMailMergeMRecipients As Dialog
Set dlgMailMergeMRecipients = Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients)
dlgMailMergeMRecipients.Display
Set dlgMailMergeMRecipients = Nothing

Peter Jamieson

"LDanix" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. I am trying to get a macro to record the following
commands:
Open Data Source
Mail Merge Recipients
Merge to New Document

The first and last commands are recorded. But the Mail Merge Recipients
part
of my actions is not recorded.
Is this normal? How can I fix or get around it?

Thanks