Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Change Case feature??

Change Case is actually on the Format menu (Alt+O, E). And Shift+F3 is not
always very satisfactory because it rotates among only three options, not
the full panoply of five offered by the dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Bibico" wrote in message
If you use the Help feature in Word to search "Change Case" , it tells you
only about clicking the Change Case icon. In other words, you're
encouraged
to take your hands off the keyboard and use the mouse, which is
counterproductive. No mention is made of the Shift F3 shortcut which is
itself counterproductive because most users, I believe, do not use the
function keys often enough to be able to press one without looking for it
first.

For some reason, Microsoft decided that the drop down menus on the
toolbars
should be done away with (as well as the toolbars themselves, which tens
of
millions had learned to use). It used to be you could hit Alt + E for the
Edit menu and there would be the Change Case option. No longer.

If anyone knows a way other than the Shift F3 shortcut to quickly access
the
Change Case feature, please let us know. Nothing suggested so far is as
efficient as the options available for this or other features in 2003 or
earlier versions. Thanks for any followups.

"Kristie Cochran" wrote:

There used to be a Change Case feature in Word 2003 and I can't seem to
find it in Word 2007. I need to be able to change all caps to sentence
case, and use some of the other features of that as well.

I looked in Word 2007 help, but can't find it. Is it in Word 2007?

Thanks!
Kristie