Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tilde over X

The combining tilde is the way to go for this particular application, but
note that with the EQ \o field, you can select specific characters in the
field and raise or lower them using the Format | Font | Character Spacing
dialog.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
The combining tilde is U+303 (decimal 771) so if you type X followed by
holding down Alt while typing 0771 on the numeric keypad you should get
what you want - there may be an easier way, of course.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in

message
I'd like to type a X with a tilde over it and have had no success.

I've
tried CTRL SHIFT ~ and n and don't have a problem, but when I enter X
instead, nothing. I've also tried using the field codes listed here

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

But the tilde is not above the X, it's through the middle of it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt