Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to illustrate a normal distribution?

You would need to create a set of X,Y coordinates that, when plotted,
provide a bell curve, and then graph them. You would probably find it easier
to do in Excel. Take a look he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213930

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"alice" wrote in message
I was asking for the concept in general. To take an example, how do I draw
normal distribution with variance 2 and mean 4? The aim is to get smooth,
good-looking lines - or smooth lines on a bell (rather than edgy lines
which
is the best I can do now).

"JoAnn Paules" skrev:

Depends on your definition of "normal distribution".

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"alice" wrote in message
I want to draw a normal distribution in a graph in Word 2007. I am aware
of
the "insert", "figures", but no figure seems to help me in getting a
nice
distribution (or a nice picture of a bell). Do you have suggestions?

Thanks!