Mark

Default Track Changes - Can I Enter without it Tracking Formatting?

I am editing a document in Track Changes in Word 2002. Whenever I change
formatting, it tracks the formatting. This is quite annoying, because the
formatting balloons crowd out the substantive changes. Is there a way to
enter only text changes without formatting changes? At present, I either
(1) turn off track changes before changing format, or (2) right-click the
balloon that shows the formatting change and accept the change. Thanks in
advance