Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Saving to the desktop with no .doc extension displayed

Save the document in the My Documents folder (or somewhere else reasonable).
Put a shortcut to the document on the desktop. You can name that shortcut
anything you like. When you double-click on it, Word will open with that
document loaded. Alternatively, you can add a shortcut to a template, and
Word will start with a document based on that template.

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Gordon wrote:

May I ask why it's so imperative that the .doc extension doesn't show?

It isn't imperative, merely desirable.

As an alternative - and I'm sure that this is possible, though once again
I can't find the instructions for love nor money - how do I configure Word
2000 so that it opens with a particular document already loaded?

Bert