Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Using Formulas in a Word Table

Hi silentpro,

Unfortunately, there's no way for a formula field in Word to test the state of a checkbox formfield (which I presume is what you are
using). You need to use vba for this. However, you could use a seies of dropdown formfields, where the user selects 1 or 0 and use a
formula field to do the calculations based on that.

Also, Word's supported range of formulae is nowhere near as rich as Excel's - you can't use SUMIF, for example - and the syntax is
different. To see how to do a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod

"silentpro" wrote in message ...
I'm using word '07 & have a table in there that acts much like a roster of people.

I would like to have checkboxes going down each column & at the bottom row total the amount of ticked checkboxes.
I tried the formula =IF(C2:C36, "TRUE") & I get a syntax error.

I also would like the total the amount of peoples names in another column.
I tried =COUNTIF(B2:B36, "*")

Are these formulas not allowed in Word? I know they will work in Excel, but I need to do this in a word doc.

Is there another way to do what I'm wanting to do?

Please help....