Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob Parker Rob Parker is offline

Default Default Indent Size

Hi Bob,

Sadly, this doesn't help at all.

I realize that I could do this, but it's not what I want. Quite apart from
the fact that I would have to set up a para style for each possible indent
setting, I want to control the intervals at which the indent pointers on the
ruler stop. I do not want them in imperial units, I want them in a useful
multiple of metric units (in my case, 0.5cm seems ) quite satisfactory. I
want to be able to drag the indent pointers and have them stop at positions
which will co-incide with my default tabs settings, not somewhere near them.

Are you saying that this can't be done? Is this yet another instance of the
Microsoft "work the way we want you to" philosophy?

Rob

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
You're best option is to create a paragraph Style that includes the
settings
you want, including precise indentation specs.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/15/06 9:42 PM, in article ,
"Rob
Parker" wrote:

Using Word XP:

How do I change the default indent size (or indent spacing, if they are
different)? I want to set it to 0.5cm, rather than 0.63". In
particular, I
want the indent pointers on the ruler to click to 0.5cm intervals, rather
than 0.63" intervals.

I can set the default tab spacing to 0.5cm (or, as I more commonly use, 1
cm); however, this does not affect the indent spacing. And I can't find
anything in the Help file, or by a quick newsgroup search in the
ms.public.word.* groups.

TIA,

Rob