Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wingswin1 wingswin1 is offline

Default Word 2007 Paste Options not honored

This seems like a bug rather than intended behavior to me, but from your
response I'm assuming this is the way that MS wanted it to work? Is there
any way to make the Paste function operate like it has for every prior
version going back to Word 95? If not, that is really unfortunate as it
makes creating backwards-compatible solutions a real challenge. I hate the
idea of going back in and reengineering all my current solutions with "if
Word2007 then ... else ...".

Do you know if any of the API behavior is documented somewhere? I've
looked in the usual places, msdn and such, but none of them mention any
change in the way that the Paste function behaves. I would like to know if
there are any other "subtle" changes in the API from 2003 to 2007 that might
affect me like this one.