Gary McGill

Cindy,

The reason I put the graphic in a textbox was simply to illustrate the
problem. My actual document is very much more complex than that one :-)

Thanks for your help. I'll await Word 2004 :-)

Gary

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Gary,

OK, when I open a play around with this, I make the following discoveries

1. If I use Enter until it inserts an additional page between the two
pages
with text boxes, the problem goes away. So I know that the boxes aren't
directly linked, somehow.

2. If I pull down the frame of the first textbox a bit (beyond the edge of
the
picture, so roughly a paragraph-height of white space shows) the problem
goes
away.

Remark: there would be no need, really, to place a graphic in a textbox?
Why
not simply apply the text wrap to the graphic?

In any case, this is definitely "unexpected behavior" (to use a nice term)
and
I will pass this it on to Microsoft. There most likely won't be any fix
for
current versions, but maybe something in a new one.

I tried removing the page breaks from my sample document, and using Page
Break Before instead. I then inserted a couple of extra (blank)
paragraphs
on each page, so that I could move the object anchors to the second
paragraph (neither the first, nor the last).

Sadly, I get the same results as before :-(

I've posted the revised document at
http://www.electrum.co.uk/gary/bug.html - thanks for taking the time to
look
at this! :-)