Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Paragraph formatting - Spacing

I have to concur!

wrote in message
My brain now hurts and it's only 22.25. Was there a problem described in
there somewhere? Could you summarise your problem in just a simple

sentence
please?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Nick" wrote in message
Word 2003 with XP home.

The document I am working on requires various tables, lists and plain

text.
I normally have my 'spacing' settings set at 6 point, before and after for
text and lists (including bullet lists). In my tables I like to use 2

point.

I have found on a number of occasions that the spacing setting within

tables
is only either 0 or 6 points. Efforts to change via the format menu do not
appear to have any effect. If I enter 2 point, before and after, it gets
changed to 1.2 lines - but only some of the time. To keep my tables

similar
in appearence, I have been using 0 point, before and after.

For my lists, (and this sometimes happens with text), '6' points, before

and
after, changes to various numbers of lines (ie, 2.5 lines before and after
when trying 2 point, and 5.5 lines when entering 6 points) If I delete the
entry in the spacing box, and enter "2", for "before" that is what I see,
but when I tab to "after", the entry in "before' changes without any help
from me to 2.5 lines. In fact as I play with it now, it doesn't even do
that: I have entered "2" in the before and after boxes, and see 1.5 line

in
the before box, and 2 (as in 2 point) in the after box.

This problem does not happen all the time, and I cannot reproduce the
problem reliably. In 'spacing' I have line spacing set at 'single', and I

do
not change this setting.

This is getting exasperating. Is my computer possessed?

Thanks Nick