Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Make default margins not so big in Word.

Get a life! Trees grown for paper production are a renewable resource and
environmentally sound. The more of them grown the more there are to remove
carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Margins are all about presentation and making the document readable. If you
want smaller margins then the tools are there to create them, but don't be
surprised if no-one wants to read your document.

Mike Parker wrote:
I never liked the idea of 3cm margins anyway, but now consider this.
If you make your margins 1.5-2cm instead of the default 3.17, how
many trees would you save? People don't normally mess with page setup
and most printers nowadays can print almost to the edge of the paper,
so why not save millions of sheets of paper and reduce the huge
margins. If you release a patch called an "environmental update",
imagine what positive publicity that would bring to Microsoft?

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout