Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Sort order on my styles is messed up ...

I believe the default in W2007 is for the styles pane to show recommended
styles in the recommended order. Styles then appear in numerical order
according to their assigned value and, for styles of the same value, in
alphabetical order. So the suggestions to change the sort order from
recommended to alphabetical should have worked too.

HTH,
Pam

Robin wrote:
OK thanks for the suggestions - I found the problem. The list of styles was
already sorted alphabetically. But if I looked in the Manage Styles dialog
the Heading 1 and Heading 2 had a lower priority (10) than the other headings
(1) and for some reason it's this value that sorts the style list when you
select a value in the "Style based on" field.

Robin