haleba haleba is offline
Junior Member

I had this exact problem after converting a PDF that had an extremely small custom page size, probably for the purpose of folding.

Ms Barnhill's idea didn't work at first using Word 2010: I started getting an error about the left margin after attempting to set the entire document to one column.

I was able to work around this by attempting to manually change the column width. The change wouldn't take, but apparently was enoguh to "jog" the document formatting and I was able to successfully change the orientation to landscape and then change the paper size and set the margins that I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
The message is at least partly bogus, but the way around it is to go to
Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if you
already have just a single column), which will check the "Equal column
width" box and result in a correct column width. If possible, do this with
"Whole document" selected under "Apply to." Then click OK. You'll probably
notice that the column width shown changes.

http://word.mvps.org

"John" wrote in message

I have tried to change the margins in a converted PDF file. No matter
what
I do, I keep getting this error message. Any suggestions?