Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
104 104 is offline

Default opened-documents list: how to get to; how to read easily

"Tony Jollans" wrote:
"I'm sorry but you can't do anything about it [i.e. you can't see fully a list of all open Word documents with long names, in some order].

[T]his is [not] a big problem [for me] but
maybe you can do it another way [i.e. other than {Microsoft Word: Window: the open-documents list}].

If you set Windows in Taskbar (Tools Options) then each [Word] window will have
its own Windows taskbar entry. If you have icon grouping switched on (I
forget how right now but I think its the default) then you should have one
taskbar icon which will give you a popup of all the Word windows ... ."

Yes, there is that workaround to try to see fully an ordered list of
all the open Word documents with long names -- I do have in the Windows
Taskbar a pop-up of all the open Word documents. The problem there is
that such pop-up and its list of documents:
- is narrower than is the document list at: {Microsoft Word: Window}
- seems to be ordered by chronology (i.e. by which Word document you
opened first). In contrast: {Microsoft Word: Window: the open-document
list} orders the documents alphanumerically.)