Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Problem opening Open drop down list box in Word 2003.

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.

Mike wrote:
We have one computer that won't open the Open drop down list box. The
computer originally had Office XP so I upgraded it to Office 2003 sp2 and it
is still doing the same thing. This is on a Novell network and the person
using it has about 5 mapped drives. I tried disabling Norton Antivirus auto
protect and it still does the same thing with auto protect disabled.

I did a custom install selecting everything to run from My Computer (Network
install from server). Is there a registry key I can delete that could fix it
so the drop down list box opens again?