Stefan Blom

Default Document Styles should be assignable to fonts in Table AutoFor

Are you saying that you want the table style to apply an "initial paragraph
style" which determines the formatting of the text in the table cells? That
seems like a good idea.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Natasha A." wrote:

Hi Klaus,
Thank you for your response. I guess I didnt explain it well: I would like
table style carry certain paragraph styles within.

Lets say I am creating MyTable style through Table AutoFormat dialog. It
would be great to assign MyTableText paragraph style as a base style for any
text in my tables (and MyTableText is based on, for example,
MyReducedSizeText, which also serves as a base for some other styles used in
a document).

I use styles a lot and when I need to change lets say font sizes through out
the document this would save time €“ I would change, for example, Normal as a
base style for regular text in the document and MyReducedSizeText that serves
as a base for MyTableText and other smaller font styles.

This way changing the base paragraph style will affect table style too
without having to modify it separately.

I hope I didn't create more confusion )
Best,
Natasha

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Natasha,

Others have asked for the same. I don't really agree, though.

Often, if not most times, I want different styles in my tables than in the
regular text (... a smaller font size, for one).

A bunch of table paragraph styles would just clutter up the "Styles and
formatting" pane, and since I would want to apply the table style rather than
the table paragraph styles, it wouldn't be helpful at all, just confusing.

If you could specify a paragraph font as the default font used in a table
style, that would be a different matter. It might keep things simple, and be
helpful if you want to reformat a document.

Regards,
Klaus

"Natasha A." wrote:

When creating a new Table AutoFormat mode, it would be great to be able to
assign styles (defined in the template/document) to table text, not just pick
font formatting. Also, it would help to be able to define table formatting
without assigning fonts/styles to table text, i.e., only AutoFormat table
borders and shadings.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables