Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default spell check error

CTRL+A - Review Set anguage apply English US and uncheck the boxes, do
not check spelling or grammar and automatically detect language.

Rocky wrote:
My spell check will not detect miss-spelled words in Word 2007. My
computer DOES detect spelling errors when I am writing using other
parts of the office suite (such as Outlook), but it will not work in
word!! The even odder thing is, I don't get an error, Word just
doesn't red-underline misspelled words OR say they are misspelled
when I run spell check. On top of that, Word DOES detect grammar
errors...? Weird!

I have completely un-installed and then re-installed the all of
office but Word still refuses to spell check. (It is weird though
because even though I un-installed the whole office suite, when I
restarted my outlook, the settings were still intact and my e-mails
were still there. Even my password was still there, settings were
still there, calendar dates, everything was still there....)

For word: Here are the options under the Office buttonword
options"proofing tab" and whether they are disabled or enabled:

Ignore words in UPPERCASE: Enabled
Ignore words that contain number: Enabled
Ignore Internet and file addresses: Enabled
Flag repeated words: enabled
enforce accented upper-case in french: disabled
suggest from main dictionary only: enabled

Custom dictionaries tab:
"CUSTOM.dic" :enabled
dictionary language: English U.S.

check spelling as you type: enabled
use contextual spelling: disabled
mark grammar errors as you type: enabled
check grammar w/ spelling: enabled
show readability statistics: enabled
writing style: Grammar and style

exceptions for "Document1":
hide spelling errors in this document only: disabled
hide grammar errors in this document only: disabled

What do I do? Is this a common error?