Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ciaociao ciaociao is offline

Default Equation formatting

Hi,

I've been trying to decide whether to use Word 2007 or LaTeX for a long
document that has lots of equations and pictures. I have switched back and
forth a couple of times already, for various reasons.

Despite its arcane technology, I'm now leaning towards LaTeX because I
can't get some of my equations to look nice in Word 2007.

Specifically:
(1) The "sigma" symbols in summations are way too tall (the Cambria Math
font is the source of this trouble, I suppose)
(2) Parentheses around tall objects (like fractions) are generally not tall
enough
(3) Square root symbols are too tall

Is there any way to make adjustments in these 3 cases ??

thanks

cc