Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007-format a text form field as a phone number

Unprotect the form. In the Text Form Field Options dialog box for the
relevant field, set the "Type" of field to "Number." For "Number format,"
specify (###) ###-####. Select "Calculate on exit" and click OK. Reprotect
the form.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi - does anyone know if you are able to format a form field in Word 2007
include "telephone" characters? My user would like to to type:
3155551212
and have it display automatically as:
(315) 555-1212

I know how to do it in Access, but can't seem to figure it out in Word.

Thanks for any suggestions!