Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I prevent Word from adding target="_BLANK" to half myl

Hello Barbara

Barbara wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Robert. If I understand you correctly, it is simply
unpredictable whether Word 2000 is going to set a link to open in a new
window.

hardly anything concerning software is "unpredictable." [OK, let's not
discuss Word numbering, but you know what I mean ... :-)]

What I'm saying is you need to investigate different methods of
inserting a link, (and different setups in terms of version and SP of
Word), and compare the HTML code.

I very much doubt (FWIW, of course :-)) that, creating a link in the
same way, and using the same installation and HTML-conversion, creates
different code.

..2cents
Robert
--