Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Art in VT Art in VT is offline

Default Can I set display color of formatting marks?

You know, in all the excitement of finding a way to show the little
buggers I hadn't even considered that. Another "bug" with this method
is that if you insert a letter at the beginning of any given word, it
takes on the format of the previously replaced spaces.
This technique then only works to highlight the spaces, and should be
undone (edit, undo) before doing any revisions to the document (which
of course you saved already!).
Apologies for the oversight and many thanks for pointing out the
problem with this method.
Any suggestions for an effective way to display the formatting marks
without otherwise screwing up the document? I tried using the same
font size and using the double strikeout which helps preserve the
justification, but which leaves the problem with insertions taking on
the new formatting unresolved. Using a symbol and marking it hidden
also doesn't work since the space disappears when the markup does.
Thanks again for pointing out the snafu.
Art

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:44:16 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

If you change the size of the font (e.g change the space to 24 points) it
will completely screw up the formatting of the document?