CyberTaz

Hi Spike-

Wingdings, Webdings, Symbol, etc. are fonts created just like Times New
Roman, Arial and the rest. Where you are "going wrong" is that fonts are
vector shapes designed based on lines & curves defined by formulas which you
cannot directly modify without the appropriate design software. The way you
are trying to modify the one 'instance' of the character causes it to be
converted to a rasterized image made up of square pixels which results in the
jaggies.

Regards |:)

"Spike Tenny" wrote:

I want to make a small change to an existing Word 2000 symbol (Wingdings
2:157), however I cannot find a way to do this. The symbol uses a full stop
(or period) and I want the same symbol but with a comma in it (not a period).

I have tried to copy the symbol and edit it with a paint package, but the
lines of the font no longer look clean and thin, instead they look fuzzy, the
is exacerbated as I am trying to use a 10 point font. I have tried to edit
it in PowerPoint, but the symbol is too small to adjust.

Any ideas where I am going wrong? Word Perfect had a built in editor did it
not? Should I be looking for a 3rd party route?