Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default white text-black background WITHOUT border

What has that got to do with a white border on the page? How else were you
trying to create White text on Black background?

Terry

wrote in message
oups.com...
: NOTE TO TERRY & SUZANNE & others::
:
: Problem solved. I was able to print white type against black
: background in Msft Word by doing following:
:
: Method for printing white type on black background
:
: 1. Highlight subject text
: 2. Select FORMAT tab
: 3. Select Shadings tab, select Black background, be sure to check mark
: the APPLY TO TEXT box
: 4. Again, select FORMAT tab
: 5. This time select FONT tab, select WHITE color
:
: PRINT PREVIEW should show white text on black background
:
: thanks for your info on PRINT PREVIEW. This was something I did not
: know. There are many things I do not know, but as for learning use of
: software, there is always attempt to learn. Aaron
:
:
************************************************** ****************************************
: wrote:
: Hi Terry: thank's for your quick reply! I am not completely
: convinced that this is a printer problem. The reason is that after
: using Msft Word's PRINT PREVIEW option, the unwanted border also
: appears. best, Aaron
:
: ************************************************
: TF wrote:
: What you are seeing is the shortcomings with the printer rather than
Word.
: Most printers have an unprintable area around the edges which looks
like an
: unwanted white border. Print houses use very high end printers that
can
: 'bleed' to the edges of the paper those sometimes they use large stock
paper
: and then trim off the excess (the white border).
:
: Some newer Photo InkJet printers have the ability to make borderless
prints
: on special paper. If you desperately want white text on black, you
will have
: to get one of these printers.
:
: My personal preference is for Canon (IP4200) but Epson and HP make
inkjets
: with similar ability.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
:
http://word.mvps.org/
:
:
: wrote in message
: ps.com...
: : Is it possible, using Msft word, to print a letter with a white font
: : and a black background WITHOUT a border?
: :
: : I have been trying using using BORDERS & SHADING on format menu,
then
: : selecting the shading tab, and setting the paragraph to black & then
: : selecting FORMAT menue and setting the font to white. This has
: : succeeded in giving me a white font with a black background, but it
: : gave me an unwanted border.
: :
: : Any suggestions on how to do without a border and shading just the
: : desired text appreciated.
: :
: : Aaron
: :