Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Big Bad Bev Big Bad Bev is offline

Default database field - merge single field from excel list

have 2 data sources, a progress db & a 2 column list in excel, column
A containing the same data as the word merge field, and column B is
the data I need to merge.

in effect, IF { Mergefield Name } = "Jo", find "Jo" in column 1 of
worksheet, insert "Bloggs" from column 2 of worksheet.

I have worked out the syntax to be able to pick up an entire named
sheet from excel in my database merge, but cannot seem to get a lookup
type list on a single sheet to work .

Any Suggestions would be gratefully received
Thanks, Bev