Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EW_Zuki EW_Zuki is offline

Default Word won't accept ANY pasted text.

I found it at 3 "Macros in" settings:
http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Macros1.png
http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Macros2.png
http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Macros3.png

I really don't understand what to do from here..

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you're looking at the list of macros and not the Word Commands?
If so, change the "Macros in" setting until you find the template or add-in
that contains the EditPaste macro. You may need to open (or attach) that
template or add-in explicitly in order to delete macros in it.

http://word.mvps.org

"EW_Zuki" wrote in message
Yes, EditPaste is on the list of macros, but I see no way to delete it.
How to?

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to View | Macros and see if there is a macro listed named EditPaste.
If
so, this has hijacked the built-in EditPaste command and is trying to run
when you use the keyboard shortcut or button for that command. If so, you
need to delete that macro.

http://word.mvps.org

"EW_Zuki" wrote in message
news Win XP Pro SP3

Every time I try to paste text into a docx (Word 2007) I get this
warning
(see
image http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Macros_Disabled.jpg). Why do I need
enabled macros to copy and paste into Word? What do I need to do to
enable
the pasting of text, say the text from a newspaper article online?

I get the warning, and the paste fails, no matter what I'm trying to
paste.
I tested this by typing "Now is the time for good men.", then cutting
it
(Ctrl+X) and trying to paste it back where it had been in an otherwise
blank
docx; the paste failed and the same Visual Basic warning appeared.

What going on? I've tried enabling all macros in the Trust center, but
no
change.
This version of Word so far is turning out to be pretty worthless to
me.

Help?

Thanks