Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007?

Does it show any icon left of English (US) when you go into Review tab,
Set Language? The icon should be a checkmark with ABC written over it.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

The office button is not blinking.
The status bar does not mention English (US) or any other language. Nothing
happens when I move the cursor over any word.
On the "Review" tab, I looked at "Set Language." It is set to "English
(United States)"
I am baffled.

Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

The office button is blinking or not?
As language it correctly says English (US) in the status bar? Even when
you move the cursor on a misspelled word?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I appreciate your help, Patrick. I purchased what I believe to be the
English Language version. I walked in to CompUSA in Austin and picked it off
the shelf. The package says, "Microsoft home and Student 2007." Any other
suggestions?

Jim

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

What language version of Office did you buy?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I don't have a spelling tab, but a "proofing" tab. When I click that and
view the spelling options, under the Word option, the first four blocks are
checked. I clicked OK. I then typed a document with errors. Nothing was
underlined, and when I checked spelling, it indicated there were no errors
inspite of the mannnny that I put in the document. My default language is set
to English.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Click the Office button, then Word Options and check the spelling tab.
Everything look fine there? If it does, try it again.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I cannot get spell check to work in Word 2007 (using Vista). I purposely
missspell words and they are not underlined nor are the identified as being
misspelled when I check the spelling. I have checked the settings and am
using English as the language. Everything else looks ok.

Jim