Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Quirk in W2003 grammar

Fortunately we are not all as perfect as 'grammatim', but ultimately you are
correct that Word's grammar checker (like all other grammar checkers) has
limitations. Given the complexity and changing nature of the English
language, I doubt that there will ever be a grammar checker that will be
flawless. It is one of those things that you must learn to live with ... or
simply turn it off and use your own judgement.

L. Mohan Arun wrote:
I am sick and tired of the irritable and provoking replies in this
thread so my grammar has slipped up. This thread is not about my
grammar, it is about Word 2003 grammar.

More issues with Word 2003 grammar
These downloads is super-fast and free.

- Grammar error not recognized even though "download" is not a mass
noun.

The movie file downloads happens very fast

- No grammar issue recognized but it should be "happen very fast"