Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Creating numbered/bulleted lists

Word does not do this "out of the box", but to do the the employee/task
merge, in the general case I would look at macropod's material in the
first instance. I quote one of his messages:

"check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document
included with it."

Off the top of my head I could not tell you whether macropod covers
numbered lists, but if not,
a. Word's automatic paragraph numbering may work, but I suspect it
would be difficult to get right
b. if it does not work, you should be able to number paragraphs by
inserting a { SEQ } field at the beginning of the "task" line. You might
for example use the field code

{ SEQ task \r0 }

to reset the task numbering for each letter

and

{ SEQ task }

or

{ SEQ task \*Arabic }

to insert the number of each paragraph.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

jaworski_m wrote:
Is it possible to create a numbered/bulleted list to obtain the following
form letter?:

Letter 1.
Tasks of emploee Name1:
1) task1
2) task2
Letter 2.
Tasks of emploee Name2:
1) task3
2) task4

where ... data from datafile.

What's the way to build that datafile which provides data for list?
Thank you for answer.

Win xp
word 2003